Monday, November 27, 2006

I know I'm not alone


People say I'm crazy,
doing what I'm doing
Well they give me all kinds of warnings
to save me from ruin.
When I say that I'm okay,
well they look at me kind of strange,
"Surely you're not happy now, you no longer play the games?"

People say I'm lazy,
dreaming my life away,
Well they give me all kinds of advice
designed to enlighten me,
When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall,
"Don't you miss the bigtime boy, you're no longer on the ball?"

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll,
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go.

People ask me questions
lost in confusion,
Well I tell them there's no problem
only solutions.
Well they shake their heads and look at me as if I've lost my mind,
I tell them there's no hurry,
I'm just sitting here doing time.

I'm just sitting here watching the wheel go round and round
I really love to watch to them roll,
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go...

- Watchin' the Wheels, by John Lennon

No comments: