Thursday, July 02, 2009

Rolling out a New Project

The time is now. Can you feel it?

I can.





So, as promised in my last blog, we (my friend Nick and I) are rolling out the alpha version of our project, Shake Up Your Life, and we're pretty excited. You'll find all the details at


When you first arrive, definitely check out the link that tells you about the background of the project.

If you're reading this post, I also ask a favor of you. After you see what we're putting out there in the world, please try one of the experiments, or your own version of one, and put your experiences up there. If you're not familiar with actually adding content to a Wiki format, it's one click away at the little "edit" button on the right side of each entry. Take it from there and run with it :-) I know that as this project grows, it will take on it's own life. This is our dream for it. If you do just one, even with a small entry, this whole thing will take a huge leap forward, all due to you.

We know it's rough and bare bones, but we're excited to simultaneously use it while also evolving and enhancing it with feedback from you. We're already thinking of appearance (color schemes and formatting) as well as content (enhancing the entries with background info). We're thinking about the language of the entries, how to help you feel invited to participate, how to grow it, and more.

If I write more, it will only be clutter. This is all for now. Visit it, use it, let me know how it handles. Thank you!

1 comment:

Mark Andrachuk said...

Hi Chris
I have come across a blog called Raptitude a couple of times and enjoyed it. On my latest visit to the site, I noticed that he has a section on experiments, somewhat similar to the idea behind Shake Up Your Life. You and others reading here may enjoy it over there as well: www.raptitude.com
I'll get around to trying out some Shake Up Your Life experiments sooner or later.