Tuesday, January 13, 2015


Moments of Bright Cold This Morning

1) Wheels spin rear of truck, back down humbly and take another exit
2) Remembering that I did some reliable figuring in meditation, can't find it now
3) Curry, chicken, eating and thinking about
4) If I'm afraid of losing something, does that mean I love it?
5) So much depends on the tacky carved dog, oblivious of the cherry air compressor beside
6) I am happy for friends with babies - the smell, the heft, the joy
7) All the world is colored with our minds in this moment
8) So little that I actually need to control... flames flicker just where they need to kiss the wood stove
9) Chimney smoke drifting to town, carbon just like me
10) Bunny ears sit on the chair with a rakish tilt, sunlight butters the backyard tenderly
11) Remembering that we are mortal, and will not pass this way again, is liberating
12) I get up from the keyboard informed by the sun's slender trace already slipping towards the western mountains.




No comments: