Monday, January 05, 2015

Sure, I'll Make Dinner

howling wind to please me,
Thai soup to please my woman...

I wonder (believe it?) if the world has reached
Peak Authenticity
and perhaps we're now in a decline,
leading indicators of public servants
at odds with the served public,
tension everywhere and triggers on unexamined fingers...

Look at my hands...
I stir the rice with the casual bamboo spoon,
the windchimes stir the cold dark,
a little pot of domesticity here in the cabin
under a blanket of dark as cold as space,
starry sugar crystals scattered
in the black rich vault,
tattered pines taking this cold affront
and tossing down dead gauntlets all over the yard.

When I cook with these hands, 
thoughts of society's fabric
take warp and weft in the steam.
A car door closes, the red car in the dark
delivers an opportune rest in the thinking...
glasses clinking on the table
now able to radiate our simple Yes
into the hungry night and full companionship.

No comments: